Updates on this year's Annual Road Run!
As part of our Service Learning Project, 4E set up a booth on Annual Road Run's day. Hahaha. Guess what! We managed to earn $200+ (I don't know the exact amount though). That's very remarkable of us, especially those in the Fund Raising group. Really thank you all for the great effort! :D
To add on, Yuri achieved THIRD for the boys' run! And and, Jocelyn and
Melissa were THIRD and FOURTH respectively! Please give them a round of applause! *claps claps* Hahaha. :D
Furthermore, 4E won the OVERALL CHAMPION for the MOST points accumulated! Hahaha definitely something to be proud of! :D Now you know why 4E is the BEST class. Hawhawhaw.
Of course, what's a complete entry without pictures?
There're still a few pictures with Rachel (my camera's battery was dying that day :\) though. Hahaha.
Tomorrow's the day. Our first O'Level paper (except those who've alre taken Mother Tongue last year). I know many are nervous/excited/dreading it. Still, we've to take the exam.
Just wanna say, JIAYOU everyone! Don't be nervous, keep calm at all times during the practical and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. Read like EVERY WORD ON THE QUESTION PAPER!
Well, I've some pointers here to take note of, Idk if they're of use.
YK's 10 GOLDEN RULES TO SPA PRACTICALS
1) The number of significant figures. ALL CALCULATED VALUES TO 3 SIG. FIG. PLEASE! The rest will be dependent on the precision of the instrument used. E.g. Metre rule to 1 decimal place (25.4cm, 59.0cm etc)
2) Take note of the EQUATION people! Some equations have to be manipulated (using Linear Law) so that it's Y = mX + c. This is VERY IMPORTANT! And make good use of the equation to check if your y-axis is directly-proportional or linearly-related to the x-axis.
3) MEMORISE ALL THE KEY SOURCES OF ERRORS WELL! This is a confirm-come-out question, so you'll definitely have to memorise them. Don't be lazy!
4) Bring a 30cm ruler, calculator, pencil (preferably mechanical), pencil lead, eraser and pens!
5) All data in the table has to be recorded using INK and ONLY INK.
6) Please wear goggles whenever necessary (even if your partner beside you is doing heating). For kiasu purposes, just put on your goggles for the ENTIRE PRACTICAL.
7) Do not rush into washing your apparatus first. You've way more time to do that after the practical. Care more about your data, graph and calculations.
8) Present all your workings CLEARLY whenever necessary. E.g. Gradient = y1 - y2 / x1 - x2.
9) Take note of the all the units okay! E.g. 1/u means 1/cm
10) Have confidence in yourself. Believe in yourself.
That's all people. May all of us get FULL MARKS for practical exams. It's definitely possible people! Stop doubting your capabilities.
Till then! :D
Oh and, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARYIEN! :D